| Saturday, September 13, 2008
| Slytherin Quiz #001
|1. Do you knit and/or crochet?
2. How long have you been at your craft?
Coming up on a year for knitting and about two months for crochet.
3. Do you spin?
No, but I desperately want to try! I actually just ordered a top whorl drop spindle spinning kit, so we'll see how it goes!
4. What type of spinning do you do (drop spindle or wheel)?
Just ordered a drop spindle (top whorl)
5. Are there any other crafts that you participate in?
Dyeing, Beading, scrapbooking (on and off), sewing, graphic design
6. What are your favorite yarns/fibers?
I am practically obsessed with JoSharp Tweeds, they've stolen my heart! The colors are awesome and they look great knit up.
7. What are your LEAST favorite yarns/fibers?
I don't think I have any least favorites.
8. Are there any types/brands of yarn that you are dying to work with but haven’t gotten a chance?
Plenty, but they're all far too expensive for me to even think about right now.
9. What are your favorite types of projects to knit/crochet?
For crochet, it's amigurumi all the way - I'm addicted to those things! As for knitting, I dabble in a lot. I spend more time pattern-hording than I do actually working on my six billion projects. I see a great pattern and I go "OMG I WANT TO MAKE THAT!!" and I go from there.
10. What are you currently working on?
The question is what am I not working on! A Hufflepuff scarf, two bookscarves (Hufflepuff and Slytherin, then a Slytherpuff one), Owls (on-going), a snake, an octopus, a blanket, legwarmers, a sweater for my dog, and a camisole top for myself.
11. Anything you plan to start this autumn?
Only a million and one things :3
12. What is your favorite Finished Object? (Please, post a picture if you would like.)
Right now it's that adorable little red owl, Thor, which can be found on my Rav page.
13. Are their any knitting/crochet techniques that you would like to learn?
Throw them at me, I'm sure there's still plenty to learn!
Labels: quiz, slytherin
|posted by Penelope Caerphilly @ 4:59 PM
Name: Penelope Caerphilly
Home: Killarney, Co. Kerry, Ireland
Sillies. I has them.
Second Year; Slytherin; Charms Addict; Irish
Mary; 19; Slytherpuff; knitter; beader; sewer; spinner; fiber afficionado; green; yellow; addicted to yarn; addicted to knitting; love of all things vintage, especially pin-up girls; irish-english-italian-scottish-polish; NJ born n' raised; feisty red head; Zacharias Smith, Minerva McGonagall, Narcissa Malfoy, and Andromeda Black; H/D fan
To friend me on Ravelry go here and to friend me on LiveJournal go here!
See my complete profile
- Posted HSKS7 banner with link back to main blog for early house points
- Finished hand-made item early
- Sent package early
- Blogged for 4 consecutive weeks
- Blogged for 8 consecutive weeks
In no particular order, a list of trivial and non-trivial things that make me happy, none of which you need to get me, but I hope you get some ideas from the list:
- Knit Picks Options Nickel plated needles size 8
- Knit Picks Nickel Plated circular needles
- Tea; I love sweet teas like chamomille, earl grey, ginger, etc
- Pens; I like cool pens, I don't know why, I just do. I steal all of the good ones from the office I work at haha!
- ANYTHING DISNEY. Especially Alice in Wonderland (specifically Alice, Mad Hatter, or Cheshire Cat); Beauty and the Beast; Little Mermaid; Sleeping Beauty; Cars; Wall-E; Eeyore or Tigger
- Anything VINTAGE, especially from the 40s and 50s.
- Anything to do with Audrey Hepburn, the woman is my idol!! Breakfast at Tiffany's is quite possibly the best movie ever made!
- Penguins, Elephants, Otters, Badgers, Snakes, and Lions make me happy
- I love patterns. Plaid, polka dots, vintage victorian flowery patterns, stripes, etc
- Imagination sock yarn. [ unicorn, mermaid lagoon, pixie dust ]
- Jewelry. Whether it's handmade, or from a place like Claires. I love to accessorize! I love necklaces with small and large pendants, especially Fleur de lis, Elephants, Birds (Owls, Sparrows), and Skeleton Keys
- Photography. I'm a huuuuuuge fan of photography. I love stock photos.
- Art! I love art as much as I love photography! You can see my DeviantART page to get a feel for the sort of styles I like!
- Anything cute that has to do with sushi! I collect chopsticks :3
- Anything to do with Pirates! ARRR!!
- Music! I love discovering new music! Make me a mix CD and I will love you! Right now I'm in a moody girl music mood. I have a playlist with Taylor Swift, Erin Mccarley, and Demi Lovato. If you want to know what's in my iTunes, just ask!
- Stationary / Stock / Matte cards
- Bodywash / Hand lotions / Perfumes / Loufas / etc
- Anything to do with the seasons. Winter and fall are my favorites, but I love having random things about them all!
- A sock blocker! I've finally started knitting socks, and I don't have anything to block them on! [ medium sized 7-8, if that matters ]